Monday, August 24, 2015

Blog Post 0


I've used technology for as long as I can remember. My dad had lots of computers in the house so I started off playing basic games on computers and progressing from there. I've used them for schoolwork to write papers and even to brainstorm ideas. I use technology to access social media as well as communicate with friends who are far away from me. I use it as my way of thinking of new ideas and comparing experiences with others.

I hope to get better at basic computer skills in this class so that I can further my technological skills. I want to better understand how to create excel sheets, power points, etc. I want to be able to used technology in a way that will make me a better teacher in the future. I also want to access things, such as blogs, that I've never used before now. I want to learn how to open up new learning experiences by using technology.

I've learned that I am a reflexive learner more than an active learner, so I should enable myself to have time to stop and process what I'm learning. Writing out how I think about the subject could greatly help how I learn. I have a very strong preference towards being a sensing learner, so I don't necessarily like deviating from facts or processes already set up to solve problems. In order to understand material better, I should try to connect things to real world experiences, which is definitely something I already do when learning. I am a fairly well balanced visual and verbal learner. This makes sense because I normally need both an explanation and a picture to fully understand concepts around me. I have a moderate preference towards global learning, and the best way to help myself learn in that area is by understanding the big picture before I learn the little details. I found these results to be pretty accurate in how I've noticed I like to learn.

1 comment:

  1. Victoria- Thank you for your post! This class will definitely improve your skills and introduce you to new concepts. The reflection on your learning style is wonderful... I hope it helps you understand who you are as a learner!

    ReplyDelete