Monday, September 14, 2015

Blog Post 2

I’ve used Microsoft Word for almost everything as a student. I’ve had to write several papers and submit them using the program. I also have used it to create study guides or outlines on educational material. My teachers have also used Microsoft Word in everyday situations. When they give out handouts, they’ve used Word in order to make the material. Tests and quizzes have also been formatted using the program. It’s a vital part of making the educational system work.

I have not really given much thought before to copy right and fair use in classrooms. I have seen teachers use other material in Power Points in order to discuss concepts and further the students’ understanding. I’ve also had to use material in order to write papers and take my own understanding of topics further. If I were to use other people’s material in slides or lectures, I would make sure to cite the original author. I would also make sure my students understood that it is important to give credit where it is due.


I have learned that personal learning networks are a vast source of untapped material. They are a way to connect to the minds of those who are experienced and have knowledge in certain fields. They are also a useful way to find out new things that I may not have thought about before. I believe I’ll use these materials in order to further my understanding of what I will be teaching. I believe I will also use it to provide my students with different viewpoints on subject matter. 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post, Victoria! I like your idea about connecting with experienced teachers on social media to get more ideas about teaching.

    ReplyDelete