Monday, September 28, 2015

Blog Post 3

The infographic I choose can be found at: http://www.arl.org/storage/documents/infographic-academic-freedom-balanced-copyright-full-size-2014.pdf. The graphic uses different size fonts in order to grab the readers attention to the most important concepts. It uses colors to make some information pop. Pictures are used that help emphasize the corresponding points. At time, information is broken down into columns in order to make it easier to read and  to be better organized. A graph is even used to help visual learners understand the what the text is saying. Overall, I think the main idea of this graphic is to create a fun way for people to learn about copyright and what is available to education within those rights.

The age range I would be using technology for would be elementary school children. I would like to have my students be able to use the web in order to access information on the things they are learning about. I would need to make sure my students are able to navigate the web and also make responsible choices on what they view. I would also like my students to use the web in order to create writing assignments. They would need to know how to protect their personal information by not sharing intimate details about themselves. I would also like my students to use the web in order to do classroom projects. They would need to understand copyright and fair use guidelines to do this.

I learned a lot by creating the newsletter. I liked figuring out how to use different colors and art to make everything pop. I finally figured out how to make lines for signatures which would come in handy when I actually need to do newsletters. The columns make everything neatly organized and I liked how visually I was able to focus more on the information. I think it also helped me get into the mindset of actually doing a newsletter in the future. It gave me a creative outlet to figure out exactly how I might address the parents of my students.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post, Victoria! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the Newsletter assignment. These skills will be really helpful when you have your own classroom in the future!

    ReplyDelete