Monday, October 12, 2015

Blog Post 5

I think web 2.0 would be a great tool for teachers to use in the classroom. Blogs would be useful for teachers to share what might or might not have worked for them in the past as far as lesson plans or teaching styles. Youtube could be used to convey important information to classes that might give them a more visual option. Twitter would be a source of ideas and knowledge at the tap of a finger that could possibly be incorporated into lessons as well. Teachers would need access to the internet in their classrooms in order to access all of this information. A way to screen Youtube videos would also be needed.

An interesting web 2.0 tool that I found is called Classroom 2.0. The link can be found here: http://www.classroom20.com/. This is a space where teachers can communicate with each other and share their own knowledge. From social media to different types of usable technologies, this website has it all. It is a teacher hub for all things education and how to better their classrooms.

This would be something I would use in my class in order to come up with new ideas. It would also be a place that I could bounce ideas off of other people. They verify everyone's identity so there would not be a concern for spam. It's meant to be a place for beginning educators or educators who are not knowledgable on technology. The goal is to help the educators grow and become successful in their classrooms. I believe the best comparison would be Linked In mixed with Facebook.

I believe the concept map gave me a better understanding on how to simplify information. It also helped me understand how a visual learner may process information. I believe I could be a bit more precise next time with what I include in my concept map. I also believe that I would like to try the different kinds of maps like chains in order to make everything seem smoother and more efficient.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Victoria! I think that the Classroom 2.0 resource looks like a great tool for teachers to collaborate about Web 2.0 efforts.

    ReplyDelete